During Your Stay
The Morning of Surgery – A final checklist
During the registration process you will be asked to verify your billing and insurance information. This will include signing a financial agreement.
You will need to bring the following documents:
- Current Driver’s License or photo ID
- Current insurance ID card
- Co-pay, co-insurance, deductible payment
You will also want to bring the following items:
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
- Necessary forms and instructions
- Prescriptions and medications
- Contact lenses or glasses and case
Please follow these instructions on the day of your surgery:
- Do continue your regular medication regimen unless instructed otherwise by your doctor.
- Don’t drink or smoke prior to surgery. For a specific time to discontinue drinking and smoking, ask your doctor.
- Don’t wear jewelry of any kind into surgery. This includes any piercings and/or earrings.
- Don’t wear any kind of facial creams or makeup. This includes dark colored nail polish.
- Do make certain that you have some means of transportation that does NOT require you to drive after your surgery. Without some means of getting home your surgery may be cancelled.
- Don’t drive for 24 hours after your surgical procedure, so please make sure that you have someone available to drive you home.
Please ask your friends and family members (and especially the person responsible for taking you home) to remain in the Ophthalmology Surgery Center waiting room during your procedure. If they must leave have them inform the personnel at the front desk.
Preparing for Surgery
After Your Surgery
Learn more about your fee for surgery
Insurance Plans We Accept
The staff was very helpful, we were worried and they took care of our concerns.”